What is the AGC Learning Center?
The AGC Learning Center is a new online portal that enables members to take control of their participation in AGC professional development programs, meetings and online offerings.
This new Learning Management System, also known as the LMS, is the technology that creates the AGC Learning Center. The AGC Education and IT teams have worked collaboratively to develop the portal for the past six months to engage AGC members and serve as a tool for them to pursue professional development opportunities. AGC partnered with Web CourseWorks located in Madison, Wisconsin, for this project.
Convention attendees were the first group of people invited to enter the LMS. All Convention attendees received an email last week to log-in to the new portal to view recorded sessions and PowerPoint presentations. For Convention attendees who attended education sessions and need CEUs, the opportunity to take the learning quiz and earn their certificates for each session is available for the sessions they scanned in at during convention.
What can the AGC Learning Center do:
- Develop and sell on-demand self-paced online courses.
- Vend on-demand webinar recordings and offer CEUs.
- Vend recorded sessions from conferences, committee meetings, sessions and other AGC events.
- Ability to have users earn their CEUs and access their certificates automatically after attending courses in-seat or online.
- Users will be able to track their own learning history to see what courses they have attended and what CEUs they have earned.
What AGC events will use the LMS:
- The focus will be on events, conferences and webinars that offer Continuing Education Units. Such events would include Convention, Financial Issues Committee meetings, BIMForum, Safety & Health Conferences, Project Manager Courses, etc.
- We will leverage recorded content from conferences like Convention and BIMForum and repurpose into the LMS.
- Additional online courses like the current CM-Lean prep course and Lean 101 will to be developed and accessed through the LMS.
How to access the AGC Learning Center:
The Learning Center can be accessed directly at learning.agc.org using your AGC account username and password.
The Learning Center is fully integrated with iMIS and has single sign-on integration, meaning that when you are signed into your AGC.org account, you can directly access the Learning Center without signing in again. The store and event purchases will directly move into the LMS activity center if users need to interact with the LMS to earn CEUs, access presentation materials, participate in surveys or other LMS related activities.
If you have any questions, please contact Meri Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org.